Liminal is a partnership between architect Frances Crow and sound artist and composer David Prior. We began working together in 1996, and formalised our working partnership in 2003. Our work focuses on exploring the relationship between sound, listening and the environment. It encompasses site-specific interventions and sound walks, gallery installations, performances, research and consultancy as well as sound and music environments for exhibitions.
- Of This Parish (2013) »
- The notion of ‘Parish’ as phonosphere is the point of departure for Of This Parish. It can be said that the Parish is the zone
- Organ of Corti (2010-11) »
- Organ of Corti, winner of PRS for Music Foundation’s New Music Award 2010, is a four metre high, visually transparent sonic crystal that takes sounds
- Hum! (2010-11) »
- Hum! is the fifth in a series of eight giant images installed on the wall of the power station at Lingfield Point, Darlington, as
- The Boisterous Sea of Liberty (2009) »
- The Boisterous Sea is an interactive narrative installation about Thomas Jefferson's ideas on Liberty and the history of their development.